Sunday 9 October 2011

Stuff on Sunday

I have managed to spring clean half my house this weekend - considering WonderMan worked all Saturday this was pretty awesome. #WIN

I didn't have to tell the kids to "stop FIGHTING!" more than twice today. And then mum picked up Tiger so I only have the stubborn Mistress Frog to deal with. #WIN

My roses are flowering! Lookit!



My first Peace bud

Peace, a little straggly but better than last year!
If there was any kind of garden in this place I would have spent my day out in the garden making things beautiful, but in lieu of anything much I have showered all my love onto my roses, and have salvaged them from a gigantic mess left by the last tenants, to create reasonably round bushes that are literally EXPLODING with buds and flowers.

My Iceburg has just showed it's first peek of white amongst the many buds waiting to brighten my Spring.

To say I'm excited is an understatement! This is my first ever rose salvage operation and I thought I would be covering up the evidence by now... but they look like they are going to boom.

#MAJOR WIN!

I wish Frog's toilet training was going as well. #FAIL

We have tried everything. We got rid of the Pull Ups and gave her knickers because she treated pull ups like nappies.

We have potties, padded toilet seats, sticker charts, rewards, distractions.... everything.

We put her on the toilet regularly but she spends three seconds before jumping up and shouting "I finished!" and insisting she did a wee even though her cheeks didn't touch the seat.

Even if she does stay on there, sometimes for up to fifteen minutes happily talking, she will get off and walk away and then wee.

There is no reason we can find for this. She sits on the toilet at kindy. She was happily going to the toilet at random intervals with no problems. Then she turned on her stubborn and it's been downhill from there.

It's so frustrating I could scream.

Everyone repeats the same shit to me too - let it go, it's not a big deal, it will happen when she's ready.

Well guess what - she's over ready. She has been able to do it for bloody ages. SHE. JUST. WON'T.

And it is a big deal.

I've been steadily working through the stages for more than 8 months now. I've had enough. Just be done already m'kay?

Thanks xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my world go round!