Monday 24 September 2012

Pass the gin and smarties...

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS ARE HERE.

It is day one. 

I had no work. 

There was no school run.

There was absolutely zero bits of stuff planned for today.

So Frog got up at 7:08am.

And then went down the hall way and annoyed her sister until they were both in my room whining and shouting. Mostly at each other. Possibly at me too but I had stuffed the corners of the doona in my ears so I'm not sure.

Eventually they fed themselves while I pretended I was busy drinking my coffee. I'm sure they noticed my pretend sipping went on way too long for any normal cup. It had been empty for ten minutes when I finally gave up the pretence and dragged my butt out of bed.

I don't have anything planned except for the blissful days that I will be going to work and will hopefully be able to con WonderMan into picking them up from their various daycare whatnots.

Where's my holiday in all of this?

No one is sleeping in.

I have to entertain and referee and divide and conquer regularly. I've swapped the morning rush for entire days of angst and throwing peanuts at the monkeys every five minutes in case the starving beasts decide to eat my legs.

In a moment of desperation this morning I decided we would go to the library and then remembered the library is closed on Mondays.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

The pillow fort is back. Entry is free but donations of gin and smarties are gratefully appreciated. 

And make sure you bring some peanuts to keep the monkeys at bay.

4 comments:

  1. The title totally hooked me although I personally prefer Jack Daniels or tequila. I don't comment a lot but it's always good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious. A blast to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I popped over to have a look at your blog this week and I LOVE! xx

      Delete

Comments make my world go round!