Thursday 6 December 2012

Crying in my car...

I wake up every morning and turn on the radio. 

This morning's news landed like a sickening punch to my stomach as I absorbed the reporting of the murders of two young women in our states north.

My head was full of water as I watched my girls eating breakfast, rushing off to check the advent calendar, laughing as they got ready to go to school and daycare.

I got to hold my girls close and tell them I loved them as I dropped them off this morning.

I kissed their smiling cheeks and sent them on their way.

Driving home the tears flowed... there are two mothers not so far away with empty arms.

I hope they are surrounded by love and strength today. I hope that technicality does not overcome justice for them at the end. 

My words cannot change their lives. 

All I can do is hope for peace for them in time.

And cry in my car.

1 comment:

  1. When we have children I think we feel a whole new level of empathy for others. Or fears at least for their future. I understand your tears. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my world go round!