Saturday 22 December 2012

Magic in the air...

There's a little extra sparkle to the world that is undefinable... hard to grasp... a glimpse out of the corner of my eye...

An extra twinkle of lights as I look over the valley from the top of the hill...

Tonight as we ride the rails with the "fellas" I can feel the glow - is it the world glowing, or me glowing at the world?

My eyes are very different to a year ago. They are wide open. Not so jaded. The tears they shed are sometimes happy - the hot, angry tears making way for the cool trickles as I feel my heart growing and loving and bursting with glow.

Everyone is smiling - not the polite smiles of old - the smiles that go all the way to the eyes.

WonderMan and I stood by our tree and hugged each other tight today as we realised what we have achieved, pushing aside the struggle and hurt and laying down our new foundations.

There's a little spark flitting around inside me. The kind that makes you do a little happy wiggle every now and then, just because.

I feel I could pluck the stars from the sky and spread their light around.

Here, have a star.

Merry Christmas xx

2 comments:

  1. Merry, merry Christmas to you too! I'm so happy to hear you're doing a happy wiggle. May 2013 bring you more than you could possibly hope for. kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I hope yours is sparkly and magical too xx

      Delete

Comments make my world go round!